What exactly is “hard” water? When water has a high amount of dissolved minerals such as calcium and magnesium, it is considered hard. Hard water causes unwanted build up of the dissolved minerals in hot water heaters, coffee pots, tea kettles, and most importantly, your home’s pipes. Pipes can become entirely clogged by mineral buildup. Many people choose to install a water conditioner because hard water is unpleasant when showering and makes clothes fade and appear dull.
Hard water also causes soap scum build up in the shower and calcium deposits in your home’s plumbing fixtures. Many people choose to get a water softener installed to improve the quality of their town’s water. How do water softeners work? They use positively charged resin beads and either salt or potassium to take the minerals out of your water. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Kansas City can help you find the right water conditioner system to correct your home’s water and meet your family’s needs.
Here is how our plumbers will correct you home’s hard water:
- We’ll determine the amount of water you use per day and test your water for hardness. Then, we’ll help you choose a system, and its location.
- We’ll turn off the water and drain your piping line and shut off the valve and power to the water heater.
- Our plumbers will connect new water lines using pipe wrenches.
- Next, our plumbers will: install a remote bypass before applying flux and connecting the fittings, remove the barbed fitting, apply Teflon tape to the threads, reattach the barb fitting and drain tube, continue the drain line until reaching the drain.
- Our final step will be to install the brine line, connect a drain tube, shut off the bypass, check for leaks, add salt, and complete the installation.
We are an exclusive Brita Pro dealer
All over the world, the Brita® name is synonymous with safe, clear, great-tasting water for the family. At Brita PRO®, we are the industry leader for a reason. We invest continuously in new product innovation, working constantly to improve and expand our water filtration product lines. Read more about Brita Pro.
We are Better Business Bureau Certified
We have been serving Kansas City since 2003 and take our customer service and value reputation seriously. Benjamin Franklin Kansas City is a Better Business Bureau certified company and committed to providing the water softener installation Kansas City residents depend on.
Why Choose Ben Franklin Kansas City
Benjamin Franklin Water Softener Installation Kansas City wants every customer to be 100% satisfied with their plumbing service. Benjamin Franklin provides the water softening treatments Kansas City trusts at a fair price.
- Our customers will always know the cost of repairs and services before any work is begun. We offer the same transparent pricing on water conditioning as we do on all of our plumbing services.
- We 100% guarantee our work: if a repair fails within a year, we will come back and fix it at no cost.
- Because we honor your time, our plumbers carry many common plumbing parts on their trucks so repairs can begin right away. We don’t want to make you wait for parts to ship.
- BFP Kansas City prides itself on fast, dependable service. We always stand by our on-time guarantee- ”If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay.®” We PAY YOU $5.00 per each minute late up to $300.00.
For the highest quality water softener installation, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Kansas City today at 816-533-4442 or request an appointment.